– Feeling blue, alone, stuck, drained or stressed out?
– Having difficulty forming healthy, loving relationships or meaningful friendships?
– Anxious about your future or unclear about what direction to take in your life?
– Going through a transition and need some guidance and encouragement to fulfill your dreams?
– From a foreign country/culture and experiencing communication barriers or having difficulty “fitting in?”
– Feel like there is no one who truly understands your pain or feelings;
– Are exhausted from trying over and over and yet seeing no results (for a harmonious relationship, a healthy life style, a real career, etc.)
– Just need to talk to someone who sits with you and listens to your story, without judgment;
– Want to understand yourself better in order to connect with your genuine self and realize your uniqueness and wonderfulness; and/or
– Are ready to live a fulfilling and meaningful life.
The below are examples of struggles that I help my clients with.
For individual clients
- Relationship/interpersonal difficulty (family, friends, romantic partners)
- Marital problems, parenting
- Adjustment (overseas assignment, relocation, new employment)
- Major life transitions (marriage, childbirth, midlife crisis, empty nest, retirement)
- Loss experience (bereavement, illness, infertility, divorce, unemployment, loss of a pet)
- Anxiety, phobia, panic attack, PTSD, depression, withdrawal, apathy, dependency, addiction, social isolation, homesickness
- Work-related issues (interpersonal difficulty, pressure, stress, demotion, termination, carrier change)
- Men’s/women’s issues, sexual problems
- Personality issues (low self-esteem, anger management）
- Burnout, caretaker fatigue, self-care
- Life purpose, existential/spirituality issues
- Cross-cultural issues in international/interracial marriage or relationship
- Infidelity, domestic violence, intimacy issues, infertility
- Prospect of divorce
- Premarital counseling / Couple Checkup
- Parent/child discord, behavioral problems
- Blended family issues
- Problems with in-laws, addiction, substance abuse
- Transitional support for children of divorced parents
- Co-parenting support for divorced/separated couples
- Therapeutic supervised visitation services (both voluntary and court-ordered cases)
Support groups / Psychoeducational Classes
- Singles (struggling with relationships; having limited support)
- Foreign-born nationals (away from home and family; with no or limited support)
- Members of international/interracial couples (with acculturation challenges)
- Parenting Class (including support for single mothers and single fathers)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Anger Management